Saturday, December 5, 2009

Week 12: Creating a Professional Web Presence

I've always been interested in learning about how to create a Web site.  I would like to continue learning more about HTML and coding so that one day I can create my own site.  This week in class we learned how to make our own professional web presence sites on Google sites.  Google sites allows you to create a site without knowing HTML, coding, or anything too complex.  I created my whole site and uploaded information in just a few hours.  There are many other ways to make personal sites for free, Google Sites is just one of them.  

My professional web presence site is something I can continue to use after this class is over.  I have already uploaded my resume, examples of my work and links to some articles I have written.  It is a great tool to have as a journalist and if tweaked, can really be turned into something valuable.  It is something that potential employers can look at to learn more about me and my experience.

Check out my site here

I am considering buying a domain name for my site so that I can list it as a regular .com URL.  You can buy domain names through Godaddy.com. Some Domain names cost less than $10 a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment